- “Bringing Out the Best in Kids” – We are dedicated to this mission and doing our part through community service projects!
- Autonomous Clubs – Each club is run by members of their community giving Optimists unique flexibility to serve the youth of the area any way they see fit!
- Reacting to Needs – Optimist Clubs see a need in their community and react to it!
- The Power of Positivity – Optimists strive to live up to their name and maintain an upbeat attitude, which they try to pass along to the children they serve.
- The Optimist Creed – The words of The Optimist Creed are well known to Optimist volunteers and beyond. The creed gives volunteers a focus for personal improvement as they work to better the world around them.
The Optimist Creed
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
Become a Member!
Download and fill out the application.
Send the application and a small membership fee of $85/year (which can be pro-rated for the year) to this address:
4494 Lindell Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63108